Saturday, April 24, 2010

Has this ever happened to you?

Today for the first time ever I broke a blade in half!


Cutting 1 1/2" strips for my next project (sneak peak below) the blade suddenly snapped,luckily the only damage was the blade and the strip of fabric,which was luckily the White Sashing.

This line of fabric is Whimsy By Michael Millar Isn't it divine!
This is my Block 4 for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along,Yeah I know it's put together wrong,but I'm not fussed, I think it still looks good.


That's what you get when you don't concentrate and just sit down and sew!


I haven't started the Hexagons yet,I ran out of white thread so mercy dash to the shops.
I took my mum along for the dash,and we did the normal thing of walking round looking at everything, wanting to buy lots.
Then went home had a cuppa and had 'show and tell' with what mum has been working on,I will take my camera around and get some snaps as her work is amazing especially her embroidery.

That's where I get my Love of sewing from (and being a perfectionist)
I will post the hexagons when done,
Linda
xxx


1 comment:

Kelli said...

Nope, never happened to me before! Very strange! Your sewing looks great! Glad you and your Mum had an lovely day together, Is your Mum a perfectionist? Really? Never would've guessed that you guys are related : )

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails