Sunday, June 17, 2012

Binding a pain in my....

As most of you would know I dislike binding, well that’s not quite the case, Binding doesn’t like me...Well what I mean is that I can only do it in very short bursts because my hands ache sooooo much they start to lock up...

 I hear you say sew your binding down with the machine, I’ve tried it, hated the finish and went back to hand sewing...

Anyway I have bought these Wonder Clips by Clover, And they arrived on Thursday and eagerly I put them on the current binding project I had.
All I can say is I Love them.
 I attached them and got through ½ a Quilt in no time at all and ache free! Yay!!!

So if you are wondering if they are any good give them a go, I know they are expense but they are worth it if you have the problems I did...

Fast forward to this morning... I have attached 2 bindings
 on two Quilts you will have seen before.
Firstly here is a Quilt a made years ago but have never attached the binding, I had it cut and just never got to it.
Well that’s now attached ready for the hand sewing.
The second quilt is my Swoon.

 I’m still plodding along with hand quilting the blocks but I’m happy to have the binding on, hopefully it will spur me along to finish... I had forgotten how much I love this Quilt!
I made another baby quilt yesterday, not a bad effort started at 10am then sat down at 3pm to start hand sewing the binding.

It's been a very Quilty Weekend... Just the way I like it!

ladybugquilting

6 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Way to go!!
Glad those clips are working for you..nothing worse than sor hands!

Poppyprint said...

Well done!! I just love that white and red owly quilt - so cute! Some friends recently sang the praises of these new clips. I always use Roxanne's glue-baste-it to tack my binding to the back of the quilt before I hand sew it down (I got tired of sticking myself with the pins and have the same achy fingers problem you have, so I needed to find an alternate solution). Maybe I'll try the clips, too!

Susan said...

And its perfect quilting weather too! I think I need to give those clips a try! Do you have a favourite supplier?

Jo C. said...

You did have a very quilty weekend....love the owls...did you have a pattern?

Seams Sew Together said...

I'm with you Linda, I'm not keen on binding either, love your swoon quilt

Rachel said...

out of curiosity, how do the clips make your hands hurt less if you're still sewing it down by hand...?

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails