Sunday, May 27, 2012

Making the stash a little lighter...

I have made a baby quilt out of reunion for a work colleague who knows she’s having a boy and has thankfully told everyone so there was to be no flowers or frills on this one.

I removed the flower patterns from the charm pack and used a pattern from Moda bake shop called Line Dance. It went together in a matter of hours and was very easy, one that I will make again!
It’s currently on the Gammill and I’m free motioning it with a large stipple and a Swirly thing (this is the technical term) in the small inner border still deciding on the strips down the centre of the quilt.
Having been long-arming solidly for the last few weeks I’ve been getting rather twitchy and I needed to get behind my Janome!
I dug into my stash and found this Tweet Tweet Jelly Roll I have had a couple of years now and decided to match that with Camille’s Jellybean Quilt Pattern.
I also removed a few of the brown strip and
 replaced them with blue strips cut from some yardage...
Love the way it is going together... Here it only has I/2 the blocks together, but I put on the design wall so you could get a feeling for the finished product.
I have also dug out this, my Hoop Bag and decided I really should attempt the Hand Quilting on this again as I really want to finish this project.

 After pulling out my last attempt I have started again.
 I am now armed with Tiger Tape so that should (hopefully) make it all better...

For My follower’s on Instagram or Facebook you will have already seen some of these photos for those who don’t my user name is for Instagram is LADYBUGQUILTING one word
Or for Facebook click on the link in the right hand sidebar and just like my Ladybug Quilting Page.
ladybugquilting

2 comments:

Barb said...

You certainly have a lot of fun things going on over there. The baby quilt turned out wonderfully!

Poppyprint said...

Lovely new works! I'm going to follow you on instagram! I'm Poppyprint.

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails